Monday, December 28, 2009

Las vacaciones ahora, por favor.

Wow, my Spanish is really impressive.  Good thing we're booking ahead, so our rooms won't depend on my pseudo-French accent.  I sound like maniac version of the girl chef from Ratatouille.  But we got our Cancun hotel - Avalon Barraca Cancun!  It's boutique, small(ish) with outdoor massage and so pretty it makes you want to do this:



This is an actual photo from their website.  And we might just be taken by the urge to do this ourselves.  At least I will, right before we come home.  Right before I throw myself into the ocean and swim like hell for Cuba.

Now let's hope I can make it to January 15.  In the back of my mind, I've always wondered where my limits lie.  Where, exactly, is the edge of my sanity?  Well three solid months of complete chaos, panic and that slow, sinking feeling have left me almost completely defeated.  My "Goonies never say die!" attitude went under a bus sometime before Thanksgiving, and I've been floating facedown in the pile of work on my desk for weeks now.  Hence the tequilla-flavored light at the end of this tunnel causing such rapturous blog posts when it hasn't even happened yet.

Also, Justin bought me this for Christmas.  Hot damn!  I'd better get some extra turbo kickboxing in before we leave!



Hasta pronto! (Must get keyboard with upside-down exclamation point.)

No comments:

Post a Comment