Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fun While it Lasted - My 2009 Awards

I used to be so pop culture savvy.  I think this was the year I turned into my mom.  Next year I'll be watching the 24-hour "Law & Order" channel whenever there's a commercial break on QVC.

Favorite TV Show
Winner: Castle - Love the sass and the Nathan Fillion. 
Runner up: The Amazing Race - Where water slides end the world.

Favorite Movie
Winner: Inglourious Basterds - This is not a paid endorsement.
Runner up: Avatar - repeat viewings may result in recount
(Caveat: I only saw about 12 movies this year.)

Favorite Song
Winner: "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga - Played 200 times in 2 days.
Runner up: "Sober" by Pink - She never ceases to amaze.

Favorite Guilty Pleasure
Winner: "Hot Mess" by Cobra Starship - Sign it out loud at the gym.
Runner up: Pawn Stars on History Channel - Antiques Roadshow with weirder stuff and cranky fat guys.

Favorite Food
Winner: Pluot - Where have you been all my life? 
Runner up: Root beer - I don't drink soda anymore. Really.
Honorable mention: 53% Dark Chocolate from Whole Foods

Favorite Trip
Winner: Machu Picchu, Peru - Whose idea was it to walk there?
Runner up: New Orleans Halloween - Barefoot on Bourbon Street.

Favorite Concert
Winner: Jimmy Buffett "Summerzcool" - My 15th-ish, Justin's first.
Runner up: Better than Ezra - Spectacular.

Favorite Place in SF
Winner: Ferry Building Farmer's Market - see "plouts"
Runner up: It's a Grind Coffee House on Polk - Outside on a sunny day.

Best Dance of 2009
Winner: Bollywood Flash Mob - Lightbulbs!
Runner up: Big fish, little fish - cardboard box.

Best Discovery of 2009
Winner: Travel Book Club - I have found my people.

Best Commitment of 2009
Winner: Gym classes at lunch - Core Central and Kickboxing with Libby at 24 Hour Fitness!

Best Habit of 2009
Winner: Conscious food consumption - I feel better, literally and figuartively.

Best Idea of 2009
Winner: Financial planner - 1 hour that changed my life.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I have to say as Founder of the SF Travel Book Club that I am just beyond thrilled that our group made your "Best of 2009" list! (I might have to list that as one of our official awards.) ;)

    ReplyDelete