Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love in the Library: PHANTOM

Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10) Phantom by Terry Goodkind

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Ten books down! I really enjoyed this, but it's the first book in 10 that's felt like not a lot happened. It's gearing up for a big ending, and a few well-loved characters make a splash, but I felt it lost a little steam. Hopefully that steam was just donated to a whopper of a finale. No one wants to hear me go on about Richard and Kahlan being apart for another whole book, or gush about Rachel being a kick-ass guest star, or pick at Nicci's overwrought longing for Richard. Speaking of endless, Terry Goodkind, we get it. We get what the Order is like, and why. You've explained thoroughly, now you're bordering on ad nauseum. We've been here for 10,000 pages, have some faith in our collective memory. And now, let's kick Jagang's ass and restore peace to the New World!

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment