Friday, February 5, 2010

Emptying the Poor Box - Tax Time


I feel like the Sheriff of Nottingham - all fat and weasely with a droopy belt, taking money from little rabbits.  I just did my taxes.  I used 3 different services - TurboTax, H&R Block and TaxAct.  And I got 3 totally different results.  Guess I'll just pick the one that gives me the most?


I carefully entered the same information on each.  Since I'm scared of the IRS, I was conservative too.  TaxAct gave me the best result, though I do lots of 1099-MISC work every year so I still owe a little money.  But the difference was staggering - hundreds of dollars on both federal and state returns!  That makes me really want to see a CPA, but if I already owe a little, I don't want to pay someone $250 to tell me about it.

How do you do your taxes?  Are you confident doing them online, by yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment