Saturday, October 3, 2009

autumn in new york

I miss living in the country!  SF has many parks and plenty of trees, but it's not the same as actually being in the woods.  Shane and I hiked to the Shale Seats at Eagle's Landing yesterday to get some shots for his Catskills documentary.  I'd never even heard of this place, and it's so close to my house.  The view looks southeast over the back mountain road and down over Woodstock.



It's the height of fall foliage season now, and my favorite time to visit home.  People don't realize that all this is just 2+ hours north of NYC.  I love tromping through the mud, climbing over fallen logs, jumping across creeks and getting all outdoor-sy.  Plus, I can be home by lunch, warm and dry!  On these trips, I always take some time to recharge my nature batteries, soak up the beauty of Upstate NY and think about leaving the city someday.

Shane's Catskills footage is amazing so far, you can check it out on his Facebook page.  He knows all the most beautiful spots, and he's the only person crazy enough to climb down Kaaterskill Falls and put his camera underwater at the bottom.  Thanks TVille for another great visit!


1 comment: