Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Cakeshop of Luuurve - STOP IN THE NAME OF PANTS

Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, # 9) Stop in the Name of Pants! by Louise Rennison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My inner monologue often sounds like Georgia Nicholson.  I think in phrases like "ditherspazz" and "erlack a pongoes".  I think Georgia lives in my head, barely suppressed and occasionally allowed out to run rampant and leave a path of hyperactive destruction in her wake.  These are some of the funniest books I have ever read.  They shatter the "laugh out loud on the bus scale" - mostly because they have ridiculous titles and covers, so everyone is already looking at me.  And I just cackle.  Georgia is nuts, her family is bananas and her adventures are delicious.  A British, teenage Stephanie Plum, speaking in pure slang and barely holding it together.  My pubescent hero.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment