Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shiver (literally) - GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would have given this 4 stars if someone had told me how gruesome it was going to be.  Like an episode of SVU or a Dennis Lehane novel... I am not sure I needed some of these mental images.  My edition also contained the first few pages of "The Girl who Played with Fire", which starts out even more explicitly horrible.  So there's that.  Otherwise, I thought the mystery was great and I really enjoyed the characters.  The writing is just austere enough to constantly remind you you're reading something Scandinavian, which I'm glad was not lost in translation.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment