Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thoughts on LA

I was in LA last week for work and fun.  I had a great time, but LA always gives me mixed emotions.  There is no better place in the world to feel totally inadequate.  The people are beautiful, but that's true in SF as well.  It's more that everyone is trendy and expensive and well put together.  It's exhausting and I cannot keep up.  When I get home, I know that I don't want to keep up and that's one reason I left.  But even a visit is enough to make me burn my wardrobe and max out my credit cards somewhere swanky.  I never would, hence the reason I cannot live there.  No one wants to feel dumpy and frumpy all the time.

That said, I adore my LA friends and we had a great time.  San Francisco is sadly lacking in private room karaoke joints that nicely look aside while you drag in a case of 40 ozs from the mini-mart. ;)  I can do a few days of 90+ degree weather as well, it was almost like lying by the pool all day long.



I also got to fly my favorite airline - Virgin America.  If you're not lucky enough to live in one of their cities, promptly drive to the closest one, fly somewhere and then fly right back.  They rock.  The planes are new, clean, sassy and everything works.  Lovely flight attendants and even funny in-flight safety videos.  The best part is they are cheap!  Through Sept 30 they have one-way fares as low as $29 at virginamerica.com.  A quick round trip is definitely in order.  (BONUS: In San Francisco, Virgin America flies out of the fancy-pants international terminal.)


1 comment:

  1. Am *DYING* to try Virgin America. Perhaps a visit to SF is in order?? It never makes me feel inadequate but that's bc its our sister city, holler.

    ReplyDelete