Monday, September 21, 2009

one particular harbor

Welcome to my home! (I say in the voice of the homless man sleeping in the London laundrymat who let Cynthia in to retrieve a dryer full of forgotten clothes.)

I have really been slacking on the writing lately, which I blame on Facebook and Twitter. My thoughts are limited to status updates, or worse to 140 character, comically abbreviated blips. I have TinyURL’d my brain. Alas, all those lost words have piled up to make me a bit mental. I’m talking to myself way more than normal (which is a LOT) and even had a telephatic conversation with a wide-eyed and definitely English-speaking miniature greyhound in a backpack. Time to write again.

I’m starting fresh, leaving behind the LiveJournal that felt super-dated and cost $20/year. This is recession blogging, baby.  It's not easy to think of a blogspot address that's not taken, though.  I went through about 50, finally getting lucky with one of my favorite Jimmy Buffett song titles.  Thanks again, sir.

What am I going to do with this blog? I’d love to have a theme – travel, money, eating… but they’ve all been done. I’m not qualified to be a mommyblogger and my brain wilts long before I can hack it with the smartyasses at Jezebel. So this is my tiny corner, my phone booth from the train station in Adventures in Babysitting. Welcome to my home.

2 comments:

  1. "...even had a telephathic conversation with a wide-eyed and definitely English-speaking miniature greyhound in a backpack. Time to write again."

    OMG! If I had a dime...those crazy mini-greyhounds and their Jansports.

    (First comment...Hollah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love blogspot. Now the question is, what did the mini-greyhound say back to you? Perhaps mini-greyhounds have more to say then we think. Hmm...I think you have a topic for another blog entry....

    ReplyDelete